Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Firefox Tip - File saving/downloading taking forever fix

I use Firefox as my primary browser. Recently, as I've tried to save pictures, the save step took up to 30 seconds or something silly. I didn't remember this being the case at first, but as time has gone by, it's just gotten beyond reasonable.

I unloaded a download task bar extension, thinking its history was causing the issue. Didn't help.

So I tried to clear out the download history on the Firefox download managler. It wouldn't work.

So, I finally deleted the "downloads.rdf" file in the area used by Firefox as my personal settings. (Found on my Windows XP maching at: C:\Documents and Settings\[myusername]\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\[theonlyonethere].default).

That did the trick. So, if file saving is getting arduous in Firefox, try deleting your "downloads.rdf" file.

No comments: