Saturday, December 27, 2003

I, Robot

<Fanboy>
The ad campaign for the new Will Smith movie, I, Robot of Asimov's robot stories is way cool (opening July 16th). There has been no clue as to which of the stories it will include, though, which is a bummer. My theory is they are doing the Elijah Bailey stories/mysteries and not the actual I, Robot short stories because the main character of the I, Robot stories is Susan Calvin, a woman. To use Will Smith as Will Smith, they'd have to tap the Elijah stories, imo.

In the ads, it appears as though they're advertising actual robots for sale - clever. The design of the robot seems cool, too. Seems one of the ancillary benefits of DVDs is studios are willing to dump big money into ad campaigns since they can be preserved on the DVD for fanboys and girls to watch obsessively (and of course put butts into seats).

I can't freakin' wait!
</Fanboy>

No comments: