Friday, April 11, 2008

Go Get These Free Songs, Dammit Anyway

First I've got a mash-up starring Regina Spektor. Haunting is the word that always comes to mind when I queue this one up. Listen to this one in the dark at least once.

Regina Spektor - Fidelity (Morgan Page Rmx) (Right-click to save for Windows, or do whatever you do on Macs to save.)
- From Morgan Page

It also accomplished what mashups should do (besides being a good song): it got me interested in her and I will now hunt down some of her songs to see if I like them.


Next is a mashup of the Foo Fighters and Led Zeppelin. When I first heard the Foo's "The Pretender", I thought "Gosh, this sounds like 'Stairway to Heaven'" (as I mention here), so this mashup was just an inevitability apparently.

Pretender To Heaven (Right-click to save for Windows, or do whatever you do on Macs to save.)
- From G3RSt


I first encountered both songs via Attu. (Warning: some Attu content NSFW)

Oh, and here's a candidate I can get behind.


Cheers!

No comments: