Monday, May 12, 2003

Vampires!

I futzed around recently with possible inspirational links between movies and music. ("Symbiosis, or fractals on movies and music" - 5/2/2003. And I'm even more sure that "More Human Than Human" was inspired by Bladerunner because the word "Nexis" appears in the lyrics, which is the classification of the type androids that Harrison Ford hunts down.)

I've found a new one. The latest Foo Fighters CD, One by One, is about Vampires, I think. Specifically, it follows the lore of Anne Rice's vampires Lestat and Louis from the movie and book of Interview with a Vampire. If you've seen the movie or read the book, go read the lyrics for every song. They fit perfectly. Lestat even becomes a big rock star, like Grohl, in The Vampire Lestat.

When I got the album, I wondered why they used hearts as the design theme:


Now I think, "well, duh."

Even on the website, notice on the menus how little blood cells gather around the menu choice under your mouse.

Houston, we have a concept album.

Ever noticed how toothy Dave Grohl's smile is?'

Now maybe the Comic Book Guy on the Simpsons will mention me on the show!

No comments: