Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Oh were I younger, more limber, and had this kind of time

I've always been an animation buff. Even in grade school when we were assigned a paper where we could pick the topic, I would ninja vault over the other students to get to the "C" encyclopedia in order to get to the entry on Cartoons.

So, when I discovered this - folks drawing with light pens during a long exposure for each frame to create air cartoons - my old animation habit reared its hoary head and said, now that's awesome!


Imagine the talent this takes because you've got to be able to, a) draw well in the air, b) do it repeatedly and consistently, and c) on the fly while envisioning the next movement. And look, the thing has actual character - meaning it moves in a specific and identifiable way. It's perky.

Check out this ambidextrous wonder, she's doing two characters at once.


You can see the rest here.

No comments: