Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Scads of Free Music

If you didn't get any new music for Christmas (Hanukkah, Winter Solstice, etc.), then let me help you out.

This site is offering 2 CDs worth of free songs, in two handy zip files no less. (Via Kottke.org) Free is good. From a brief preview, my verdict is: Some good stuff in there, certainly something for everyone. Worth the time to suck down the bits.

Also, Santa brought me a $25 mp3 player that holds 256 Mb of songs (which is 60 to 70 songs, depending on size and sample rate, or for old fogies like me, about 5 CDs worth of songs). Well, Windows 98 wouldn't recognize the drive, so I went out to the manufacturer's page for a software fix, which they had, bless'em. But, ensconced at the bottom of the page is a link to restore the music that the player is pre-loaded with (though it looks like they spliffed and didn't include the last 7 songs, oh well). It's of the "chill out" variety which I love; think muzak crossed with Windam Hill. Nice to read by, write by, and hang on a lazy day by.

There ya have it, at least 3 CDs of free tunage.

Merry belated Christmas (Hanukkah, Winter Solstice, etc.)!

No comments: