Monday, June 18, 2007

Two


MOTH
Originally uploaded by Smakk.
I have (only) two major phobias. One is puking, the other is these bastards.

As a kid, I found something in the yard once that I didn't recognize, and it was one of these that hadn't successfully emerged from the cocoon. When I picked it up, its legs grabbed me and those antenna whipped around. Were it a movie, the next shot would have been a distant aerial shot (helicopter or something) as a scream rings out across the valley.

If one of these were to land on me, my body would simply drop as my soul fled.

(Fro those of you who haven't encountered one, they are the size of a sparrow.)

2 comments:

The Opinionated Homeschooler said...

Wuss. I'm going to mock you on my blog.

Anonymous said...

As long as it doesn't involve one of those things getting near me, I'm cool with that.