Thursday, March 22, 2007

What's Wrong with this Picture?

"Years ago, I spent half the night chatting up a very beautiful woman. I managed to get her to come back to my place, to undress her and get her into bed. Then when I woke up the next day, I realized that she was dead. Before we had a chance to do anything."

-- Jay McInerney on the worst date he's ever had. Via Salon via NY Dailynews


Oh, bummer she's dead, but he didn't get to BANG HER! What a loss!

Crikey.

Though I think Bright Lights, Big City is a great book, one worthy of trotting out in Lit. classes, if only for the successful pulling-off of a second-person narrative, most of McInerney's work (including "Bright Lights") kinda hint at the possibility that his psyche is a narcissistic wasteland dotted with shrubs of brilliance. I think he's gone ahead and removed all doubt.

3 comments:

Sya said...

Maybe she's actually a vampire. (Sorry, I've been reading too many vampire romance novels.)

Anonymous said...

But that would suck, too.



(Sorry, just had to.)

Whisky Prajer said...

Geez, makes a guy wonder if cocaine doesn't short-circuit a whole lot of just plain common sense that the rest of us folks seem to have. What a jerk.