Friday, July 25, 2008

Discovery of Cool Tunage

Whilst hunting for something else, I bumped into these compilations on Amazon MP3:

Little Steven's Underground Garage presents The Coolest Songs in the World!
Volumes: three, four, five, and (soon to be released) six.

They live up to their title. I didn't get the whole album, just culled the ones I wanted.

_______
Update:
Having listened to these for a couple days, the fambly and I think this little inadvertant call and response mini-opera from Vol. 5 is the pick of the litter:

3. Hot Girls In Good Moods - Butch Walker and the Lets Go Out Tonites
4. Because I'm Awesome - The Dollyrots
11. Ain't So Cool - Hell on Heels

Here's the vid for the Dollyrots tunes:

_______

And if you're looking for can't-miss singles, here ya go (and I may be repeating myself):
- Helen Says by Hank
- She Came On by Super Deluxe
- Woke Up Laughing by Robert Palmer
- Standing Outside A Broken Phone Booth With Money In My Hand by Primitive Radio Gods

Between the compilations and those four, you should be able to put together a pretty rockin' road trip (or commute) CD.

Cheers.

No comments: