Thursday, July 17, 2008

The Wall-E Soundtrack

The Amazon.com "hey, since you bought Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass' 'Beat of the Brass' (that and the soundtracks to Camelot and American Graffiti were the soundtrack of my childhood as they were my mom's favorites), you might like...." recommendation algorithms usually just annoy me, but when they popped the soundtrack of Wall-E at me, I thought, "Hmmm, I don't recall the music from the movie at all." So I hopped over and listened to the samples.

I really liked them. I was ashamed. So I put it on the back burner, chalking it up to a breakfast with too much caffeine and sugar, perhaps. Then I went back another day to listen. I liked it even more. The fact that you can buy a whole MP3 album for $9 has pretty much lowered my threshold for purchase, and I hit that "Buy MP3 Album" frequently these days.

When you cut out the songs from the musical Wall-E's always watching (don't recall which one it was), the Peter Gabriel song, and are left with just the Thomas Newman score (minus the "BNL" jingle), you have yourself an awesome little record.

Sya had a post recently about listening to soundtracks as background music, which prodded the memory of one of my roommates from college who only owned movie soundtracks (they were his favorite to write to), and I picked up that habit. (I apologize to the spirits of proper grammar for that last sentence.)

The Wall-E soundtrack is now in my top 5 that I crank up for that purpose. Sya, get a copy!

No comments: